Pages

Jun 20, 2011

Wella Kolestint - A review

I love colored hair although I have never tried it on my own. May be I am not prepared yet and when it comes to hair, I am finicky. So when I came across a new hair product, I thought of trying it on my mom in laws' hair. She usually loves to touch up her hair and this came as a perfect and pleasant surprise. A neatly packed box containing Wella Kolestint was delivered to my door. I didnt waste any time and soon got down to business.
Wella Kolestint
The USP of the product as the carton claims is long lasting effect. I definitely wanted to check on this on. My shade was Dark Brown. There are around 12 colours under the Dark , Medium & Light grades. My mom in law has hair past her shoulders are pretty good for her age. So I assume that this pack will last for two reps.
The box contains:
    
  • A pre color hair product
  • Creme Developer
  • Creme based oxidation hair dye (colour creme)
  • After color intense shine Conditioner
  • A pair of gloves
The carton also has a warning stating that it may irritate sensitive skin. So please do test it on a patch of skin before experimenting with hair colour.

  • To start with the process , the pre colouration treatment contains Almond extracts and it helps in easy absorption of the colour. This is something new which I have never seen in any other hair colour.
  • Apply a liitle vaseline gel around your hair line to avoid staining. Easy instructions are given on the carton for the consumer.
  • I used a brush for easy application. It is more comfortable rather than applying directly from the bottle. Also you have better control on the quantity used. 
Here are the results:

Before & After



And voila!!! A drastic and a pleasant change was seen and I made my mom in law happy!! Yippeee...

Some plus points:

  • It is very easy to use
  • Doesnt drip
  • The pre application treatment helps better absorption
  • Hair looks more shiny and smooth giving it a rich colour
  • Good quantity as compared to other colours 

    The negatives:

    • I feel the colour wears out quicker than other hair colours
    Other than this I think the overall effect given by the product is too good.


    The damage:

    Rs 519 for 145 ml. (Slightly high priced than other hair products but worth a try.)

    I definitely recommend this product as it gives a healthy shiny look to the hair along with a deep colour. Next time I am going to try it on my hair but a different color. :)






    No comments:

    Post a Comment